This information is current as of Monday, March 30
We understand that vision is critical and essential to daily life, even when having to "stay at home."
Per CDC guidelines and to help deter the spread of the coronavirus, we are open to serve your urgent eye care needs:
Tues - Sat by appointment 10 am - 2 pm. We are currently scheduling only by phone (not on the website).
Please call us immediately if:
- If you have a new floater or flashes of light
- If you have pain, redness or discharge
- If you have any new symptom of blur, loss of vision, or any other sudden change in vision
- If you have an eyewear issue such as lost, broken or glasses that are not working and causing problems for you
- If you have expiring contact lenses that are not working well for you.
If you have a need for a medicine refill, please call us.
We are making every effort to keep our facility COVID-free. Watch this video through our optical.
If you have any additional concerns or issues, please give us a call from 10 am – 2 pm to speak to a live person, or email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org or questions regarding scheduling an appointment at email@example.com.
Jennifer Picone, A.B.O.C General Manager
Cheryl Everitt, O.D. Eugene Kim, O.D. Mallory Kennedy, O.D.